Do you want to see your art in full-colour print in the hands of hundreds of furs from all over the world? Then why not consider submitting artwork for NordicFuzzCon's convention book!
All conbook submissions should fit the convention's theme, which for 2017 is Japan: Samurai or Super Kawaii? Please see our Theme section for more information and inspiration.
Requirements for the submissions:
- It should be in CMYK.
- Resolution should be set to 300 PPI.
- For a full/two page spread, the size of one page is an A4 (210 mm X 297 mm or 2500 px X 3500 px).
- Artwork should be submitted as either: Uncompressed JPEG, PNG, PDF or PSD.
If you have any questions, please get in touch, or see if your question is addressed in the FAQ below.
Submissions must be sent by January 26th, but the sooner the better.
Artwork should be submitted by e-mail to email@example.com.
- Know how you want your art to be presented. Illustrations are usually placed as: full page spread, two page spread, half page spread (vertical or horizontal), and page decorations.
- Having a version with background and without background will make your art more versatile to use.
- You don't have to go big or go home, conbook artwork range from full page spreads to small page icons.
- If black is a primary colour in the art, avoid using pure black (C:0, M:0, Y:0, K:100), use rich black instead (C:20, M:0, Y:0, K:100).
- Think about white space; artwork can be used to put text in or on it!
What should my art be of?All submissions should reflect the convention's theme, which for 2017 is Japan: Samurai or Super Kawaii?
Does my artwork have to feature Mausie?Submissions do not have to feature Mausie, the convention's mascot, but we may prioritize pieces which do feature him.
How should I draw Mausie?You can draw Mausie any way you like, but there are some reference pictures here.
Can I submit more than one piece?Yes, please do!
When is the deadline for submissions?January 26th, 2017.
Do I have to attend the convention to submit art for the conbook?Nope! While we certainly would love for you to attend, it's not a prerequisite for contributing to the conbook.
Do you accept "yiffy" art?We do not accept outright erotic art. Tasteful nudity might be accepted. If you are unsure about a particular piece of art or have any questions, then please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and ask.
Do you accept violent art?Playful cartoon violence is fine, but more graphic and realistic gore is not.
Am I free to post my submitted artwork elsewhere?We prefer that you hold from posting and spreading your submitted artwork online until after the convention. That way the conbook and its artwork will have a greater impact when the attendees browse through it for the first time. You won't be disqualified if you choose to do so.
What decides whether or not my submission will be used?There are a number of factors which we use to decide what we end up using, such as: the quality of your submission, how well it fits with the convention's theme, our layout needs, how soon we get your art (the sooner the better), and how many other artists have submitted. If your artwork does not get printed, we hope it won't discourage you from trying again next year!
When will I know if my artwork will be used?The conbook will be in a state of flux up until a few weeks before the convention, so we can't give any exact date on when we know for certain whether or not a piece will be used. If you are getting impatient, feel free to get in touch.
I have more questions! What do I do?Please send them to email@example.com and we will get back to you as soon as we're able.